A Simple Man Living in a Complex World
The result is my first book, A Simple Man Living in a Complex World: Life and Business—Campfire Stories from the Asylum.
What’s it about?
- How businesses and consumers are mesmerized by mass production
- Why cellular manufacturing works
- Why it takes so darn long to get your “customized, just-the-way-you-want-it” sub at your local sandwich shop (or any product, for that matter)
- The quest for the holy grail of near-zero pricing
- How what seems like a crummy teenage job can change your life
- The hidden lessons of Star Trek and Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory
- The simple principles for running your business and your life so they are a success
A Simple Man Living in a Complex World is available on Amazon or you can order it directly from us. I hope the book inspires you and makes you think; at a minimum, perhaps it will give you a few laughs. As I was writing, I was inspired to draw some illustrations. They look like something I scratched out in Mr. Doezema’s 6th-grade class at Redlands Christian School in California, but I included them anyway since most days I still feel like that kid.